Wed 22 March 2017 at 12.05 pm
David Cox, Director of Innovation (Taylor & Francis Group)
Taking Place: Oxford Brookes University, JHB308
Gathering meaningful metadata, granularity, analytics, and how usage statistics inform commercial decisions in publishing.
Tue 28 March 2017 at 2.00 pm
An annual event for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, Working in Publishing 2017 offers an afternoon of advice and networking with industry professionals, including Brookes alumni. This year over 35 companies from all sectors of publishing will participate in the speed-dating session. Our headline speaker is Sara Lloyd, Digital and Communications Director at Pan Macmillan.
Type of Event: Publishing
Start date: Tue 9 May 2017
9 May 2017
Print Culture Research Unit - Annual Symposium
Headington Hill Hall, Oxford Brookes University
- Dr Samantha Rayner, University College London
- Dr Shafquat Towheed, Open University
Type of Conference: Publishing
Start date: Tue 13 June 2017
13 June 2017
St Catherine’s College, Oxford
After two fabulous and highly-successful conferences, the OPG Summer Conference is now firmly established as one of the key events in the publishing calendar. With top speakers and focused breakout sessions, the conference provides an opportunity to listen to and learn from inspiring publishers, industry specialists, and distinguished authors - the movers and shakers in our fast-moving world.
We are delighted to announce that the 2017 keynote speakers are:
- Sir Roy Strong, CH: Writer, historian, diarist, broadcaster and gardener, author of over forty books and former Director of both the National Portrait Gallery and the Victoria & Albert Museum
- David Fickling: Publisher, David Fickling Books
- Stephen Page: CEO, Faber & Faber
- Antonia Byatt: Formerly Director of the Cheltenham Literature Festival and Director, Literature and SE at Arts Council England
Start date: Wed 21 June 2017
Wednesday 21 to Friday 23 June 2017
Publishing Studies Conference 2017
Villa Finaly, Florence, Italy
This three-day conference brings together industry professionals, educators, and scholars to examine key issues around the digital transformation of the book, as well as to discuss the developing field of publishing studies.
Page 1 of 1 pages