Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
ELT Editor-in-Chief, Shanghai
Oxford University Press
Deadline for application: Friday April 1, 2011
Oxford University Press is a department of Oxford University, and we are a major international publishing organization with a significant presence in Mainland China. We have been dedicated to educational research and publishing for over 500 years.
Oxford University Press (Shanghai) Ltd now has a vacancy in our English Language Teaching (ELT) Editorial Department for an ELT Editor-in-Chief to lead and develop our English Language Teaching publishing programme. The core responsibilities of this post are:
- The commissioning, adaptation and organization of ELT materials for the Mainland China market
- Liaison with co-publishers, authors and adaptors to develop materials which meet the needs of English language learners
- Managing editorial projects from receipt of typescript to finished product
- Managing and developing a team of editorial staff to carry out all editorial roles including copy-editing and proof-reading, developmental editing, and editing for search engine optimization
The successful applicant is likely to have the following:
- Two to three years of educational editorial experience
- Fluent Mandarin and English
- A Masters degree
- English language teaching experience, preferably in Mainland China
- Ability to manage people and lead a team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Further Information ...
We offer an attractive salary, a 5-day working week and excellent benefits.
Please send your application, in English, including curriculum vitae and expected salary, to: The Personnel Department, OUP (Shanghai) Ltd., Room 604, No.3 Lane 900, Quyang Road, Shanghai 200437 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 March 2011.
Due to the high number of applications we are unable to reply to everyone; if you have not received a reply by 30 April 2011 you should consider your application unsuccessful this time. Personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Posted on 15 Mar 2011 around 2pm • Filed Under Permanent Positions in Publishing and New Media •