Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Assistant Editor (Digital) 6-month contract
Deadline for application: Friday June 9, 2017
A leading English Language Teaching publisher based in Reading is looking for a tech savvy Assistant Editor to join its small editorial team, overseeing and coordinating the creation of interactive learning activities (i.e., ‘learning objects’).
Further Information ...
- tailoring / content editing print material so that it can be used as the basis for learning objects;
- liaising with off-site developers, providing clear and comprehensive feedback;
- proof reading, copy editing instructional design documents;
- creating instructional design documents for the creation of original learning objects;
- proof reading and testing existing learning objects and DVDs to check for bugs; and
- liaising with the Digital Media Specialist, resolving technical problems as they arise.
Experience / skills
- Interest in ELT materials
- Interest in the development of digital learning materials
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Word, Excel, Google docs and a general digital savviness
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a small team or on own initiative
Some experience overseeing the development of digital materials
English Language Teaching experience
Posted on 08 May 2017 around 10am • Filed Under Temporary Positions in Publishing •