Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Editorial Assistant - 6 month contract - Ref 3006
Deadline for application: 26 July 2012
Editorial Assistant - Part Time 30 Hours per week (6 month maternity cover)
- This Maternity cover Editorial Assistant role will provide editorial and administrative support to the Senior Commissioning Editor and Associate Publishing Director working on one of Wiley Medical Book lists.
- The role of the Editorial Assistant will include the issuing and management of author/editor contracts, creation and upkeep of new book records and the management of proposal peer review process.
- Furthermore the Editorial Assistant will be required to obtaining sales history for existing books and handle queries from both existing and potential author/editors.
- In addition the Editorial Assistant will organise conference calls, meetings and travel arrangements as well as other general administration duties.
Further Information ...
- Previous administrative experience within a busy office environment is essential for this role, as is experience of working with customers and liaising with clients.
- A basic understanding of publishing would be advantage as would experience within academic or professional publishing.
- The role requires use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word, a good working knowledge of all these system is essential.
- The Editorial Assistant will be required to manage their own workload, prioritise work and work independently.
- A good standard of written and spoken English is essential to this role.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or relevant equivalent experience is also a requirement.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Related Incentive Scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Attractive Company Benefits including 25 days holiday, 50% staff discount, support towards professional qualifications , employee assistance programme
- Should have the right to live and work within the UK
- This role will include occasional attendance at conferences, author meetings or focus groups away from the Oxford office.
- The closing date for this role is 26th July 2012
- Applications for this role should be submitted with a covering letter and CV - please visit http://tbe.taleo.net/NA4/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WILEY&cws=1&rid=3213