Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Editorial Assistant - African Studies and Asian Studies (Maternity Cover Contract)
Taylor and Francis Group - Routledge
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Deadline for application: Monday July 31, 2017
This is an exciting opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to book publishing within a varied and demanding role. The Editorial Assistant will support two editors, working on textbooks, research monographs and handbooks on Africa and Asia across the full range of the humanities and social sciences.
Further Information ...
Taylor & Francis Group, a leading global academic publishing company, is currently recruiting for an Editorial Assistant on a maternity cover basis within its Routledge books imprint.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to the process of publishing within a varied and demanding role, across two dynamic subject areas - African Studies and Asian Studies. The successful candidate will work across a variety of text types (including textbooks, research monographs and handbooks) and a diverse range of disciplines including politics, culture and society, history, literature, economics and religion.
Reporting to the Editor for African Studies, the Editorial Assistant will take charge of a variety of general administrative tasks and act as a main point of contact for colleagues, authors and other stakeholders. We are seeking a proactive candidate with enthusiasm, motivation and a real interest in learning new skills.
- Providing administrative support and assisting in the management and development of the two lists
- Preparing and passing manuscripts to the production department
- Managing the peer review process
- Drawing up and sending out contracts
- Monitoring schedules, delivery dates and publication deadlines to ensure the timeliness of publication
- Producing copy for catalogues and the company website
- Managing the metadata collection process
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Occasional attendance at conferences or campus visits
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- A willingness to learn about academic publishing
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent standards of numeracy and written and spoken English
This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for their first role within publishing.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Posted on 17 Jul 2017 around 9am • Filed Under Temporary Positions in Publishing •