Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Education Sales Consultant - Gulf (fixed term contract)
Oxford University Press
Deadline for application: 29 July 2012
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Education Division provides books and resources across Primary, Secondary, Trade and Children’s markets, both for the UK and for customers around the world. We are passionately committed to our mission to educate and inspire through book board and screen.
Further Information ...
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our successful and driven International Sales team in the Educational & Children’s Division. The team works alongside UK Editorial, Sales and Marketing, and sells education and English Language Teaching products through a network of OUP branches, agents and distributors as well as directly to International and English speaking schools across the world. You will be responsible for planning, carrying out and following up on sales trips, which will involve visiting schools and retailers, and attending exhibitions to sell UK and international curriculum textbooks and materials.
The role is based in Dubai, with travel across the Middle East region during key promotional months (mostly within a nominated territory) and to the UK for occasional meetings.
The role is offered as a 51 week fixed term contract.
You will need to demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- excellent organisational skills (you will be responsible for managing your own trips, within agreed budgets)
- good presentation skills (you will have to demonstrate materials to customers, either on a one-to-one or in a formal presentation context)
- adaptability (you must be prepared to alter plans, when necessary, and deal with the unexpected)
- ability to think creatively (new ideas are always welcomed)
- full, clean driving licence
It would be beneficial if you could demonstrate:
- sales experience or evidence of a passion & ability to sell
- teaching experience/knowledge of the educational market
- experience of living/working overseas
The salary offered will be depending on skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
Closing date - 29 July 2012
To apply, please visit our job board - http://ukjobs.oup.com – and click on the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the vacancy page.