Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Educational Sales Consultant - Europe (fixed term contract)
Oxford University Press
Deadline for application: 23 July 2012
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Education Division provides books and resources across Primary, Secondary, Trade and Children’s markets, both for the UK and for customers around the world. We are passionately committed to our mission to educate and inspire through book board and screen.
Further Information ...
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our successful and driven international sales team in the Educational & Children’s Division. The team works alongside UK Editorial, Sales and Marketing, and sells education products through a network of OUP branches, agents and distributors as well as directly to overseas schools.
Based in Oxford, with considerable travel overseas during key promotional months (mostly within a nominated territory, with potential travel in other territories) you will be responsible for planning, carrying out and following up on sales trips. This will involve visiting schools and retailers to sell UK and international curriculum textbooks and materials.
The role is offered initially as a 51 week fixed term contract.
You will need to demonstrate:
- sales experience or evidence of a passion & ability to sell
- excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- excellent organisation skills (you will be responsible for managing your own trips, within agreed budgets)
- good presentation skills (you will have to demonstrate materials to customers, either on a one-to-one or in a formal presentation context)
- adaptability (you must be prepared to alter plans, when necessary, and deal with the unexpected)
- ability to think creatively
- full, clean UK driving licence
It would be beneficial if you have knowledge of the educational market and/ or experience of living/working overseas.
The salary offered will be depending on relevant skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
Closing date – 23 July 2012
To apply, please visit our job board - http://ukjobs.oup.com - and click on the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the vacancy page.