Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
ELT Sales Consultant
Oxford University Press
Deadline for application: 11 July 2012
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
Further Information ...
About the Role
OUP’s highly successful English Language Teaching Division is looking for a motivated sales professional to work in our Oxford-based sales team to develop sales of our list in all EFL segments throughout the UK and the Nordic Countries.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- delivering a regular programme of school visits, workshops and exhibitions in order to generate sales of OUP ELT products
- providing product advice and training to schools and booksellers
- planning and participating in product launch campaigns
- facilitating market research interviews with teachers
- liaising with industry and government bodies on issues affecting English language teaching in the market
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience and qualities:
- high motivation to achieve results
- excellent time management skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to think creatively and laterally in the areas of sales and marketing
- at ease with and a knowledge of technology
- full UK driving licence
- knowledge of and/or interest in educational publishing
- ELT background with knowledge of the UK ELT market
- proven experience within a sales role
You must be willing to undertake extensive travel commitments within your designated territory area, which will include London & the Home Counties, plus the Nordic Countries (with an expected average of 2-3 trips per year).
The salary offered will be depending on skills and experience, and the role benefits from a company vehicle. OUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
Closing date – 11 July 2012
To apply, please visit our job board - http://ukjobs.oup.com – and click on the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the vacancy page.