Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Usborne Books at Home
Deadline for application: Friday March 3, 2017
Usborne is the biggest and most successful independent children’s book publisher in the UK.
- Are you an energetic and creative person looking to work in an established direct sales company with a strong brand and a real heritage?
- Do you have a passion for writing and communications?
- Do you want to play an integral role in the development of our digital strategy?
Founded in 1981, Usborne Books at Home is the direct sales division of Usborne Publishing. We provide and promote the opportunity for entrepreneurial people to build successful home-based businesses selling Usborne books in homes, schools and via social media throughout the UK and Europe.
We are looking for a creative person to join our small and friendly team to write and edit a wide range of marketing literature and help develop competitive initiatives. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our digital strategy by maintaining our websites and planning our social media content.
Contract Type: Permanent
Based in: West Oxfordshire
Hours: Full time
Salary: £24,586 per annum
Application Process: Please send your CV and a short covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘USBAH Marketing Editor Application’.
We are looking to start interviews asap.
Closing date: Friday 3rd March
Further Information ...
- To increase awareness of the Usborne Books at Home opportunity.
- To provide a consistent, accurate and appropriate editorial ‘voice’ for all marketing communications.
- To monitor and update the Usborne Books at Home social media channels.
- To develop marketing plans with the Senior Marketing Coordinator for all web-based and printed materials and work closely with the Marketing Designer on production to ensure total copy accuracy and fulfilment of said projects.
- Occasionally attend off-site events in order to prepare and set up materials for presentation.
- Assist with photo and video shoots.
- To ensure all web content is regularly and accurately updated.
- Relevant marketing experience or a good marketing qualification.
- An exceptional standard of written English.
- The ability to work quickly to a very high standard.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to quality and eye for detail.
- Knowledge of the direct sales industry.
- Knowledge of iMovie or other video editing software.
- An interest in children’s books.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver would be an advantage.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Now is a fantastic time to join Usborne Books at Home, a growing company with ambitious and exciting plans for the future.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No agencies.
Posted on 09 Feb 2017 around 1pm • Filed Under Permanent Positions in Publishing and New Media •