Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Oxford University Press
Deadline for application: 22 July 2012
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Global Academic Business (GAB) Division publishes books, journals and digital resources for the research, professional and higher education markets.
The Content Operations team is responsible for coordinating the production of high-quality print and digital publications to schedule and to budget.
We are recruiting for a permanent Production Editor.
Further Information ...
About the Role
The successful candidates will be joining a busy team focused on delivering an excellent service.
- Organizing the copy-editing, proofreading, and indexing for each product where required, as well as typesetting and manufacture.
- Acting as the key point of contact with authors during production. Providing a high-level of author care.
- Overseeing the work of supplier project managers who work in partnership with us throughout the production process.
- Managing costs and schedule to ensure products are brought out on schedule, on budget, and to a high quality.
- Liaising closely with internal colleagues during the production process to ensure all information is accurate and available.
- Working with xml workflows.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven production and/or project management experience.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload and work to strict deadlines. Motivating others to meet deadlines. A conscientious and can-do approach to work.
- Written and numerical accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong administrative, computing, and office skills.
- Experience of working in an online environment.
- Familiarity with XML and an understanding of digital developments both inside and outside publishing.
- Familiarity with copy-editing and proofreading marks.
The salary offered will be in the region of £24,444 depending on the skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
Closing date: 22 July 2012
To apply please visit: http://oup.advorto.com/exp/Vacancy.aspx?VacancyId=52553