Jobs / Work Experience / Placements offered
Project Manager: Kognity digital, intelligent textbooks
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Deadline for application: Monday November 21, 2016
Are you a Project Editor, Development Editor or Assistant Editor looking for the next challenge? At Kognity, we are looking for a Project Manager to join our growing Content team in Stockholm. You’ll be working across secondary educational subjects, commissioning and developing digital textbooks, interactive resources and assessment content. It’s a hands-on, creative and dynamic environment, with lots of opportunity and a fantastic bunch of people.
Further Information ...
Apply here: https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/3956-kognity-project-manager-content-creation-coordination/
Deadline for applications: 21st November 2016
Kognity provides digital, intelligent textbooks to over 300 schools in over 50 countries. Having launched in 2014, we are growing at a very fast pace, and are now looking for project managers to join our offices at Östermalmstorg, Stockholm.
This role is for you if you:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience of project management
- Have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Are a team player who is looking for a hands-on, dynamic role
- Have both "structure" and "sense of responsibility" as your middle names
- Want to be in a startup environment with passionate people that love what they do
- Have an interest in education and want to make the lives of students and teachers better globally
- Are experienced using Microsoft Office and/or Google apps
- Feel comfortable working with new technologies
About the role
The role is about coordinating a large team of freelance content contributors (textbook authors, reviewers, video creators, assessment authors, etc.) to expand and deepen our our digital textbook products. You would be a part of our Content team, which we're looking to grow by several multiples over the coming years.
- Project management of curriculum-matched textbook and assessment content for secondary international curricula (e.g. IB and IGCSE)
- Acting as Subject Manager for selected subjects
- Delivering projects to agreed schedule and budget
- Recruiting and managing senior educators and supporting them in creating the best learning experience possible
- Occasionally travelling to schools and conferences in Europe to help find authors
Kognity offers a fast-paced growth environment and a team of sharp minds and big hearts. You’ll get a steep learning curve, unparalleled professional development, and the satisfaction of doing good. We have perks - such as a winter office by the Mediterranean, the possibility to flex up your vacation to 9 weeks per year, and more - but we hope that you will see the biggest perk as being part of an amazing team that does incredible stuff.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
You are a doer that believes in structure, quality and taking responsibility. You are good at handling people and are interested in how other people work. You like processes and how they can be improved. You also like speed and to get things done. You have a thorough and structured way of working, collaborating and communicating. You are a true team player and have no problem interacting with whoever is in your vicinity.
- A university degree (Bachelor or higher) in the Social Sciences, Humanities, education, or other related field
- 1-4 years of project management experience
- Fluent in spoken and written professional English
Other skills that would be relevant
- Experience from the educational publishing sector
- Experience from working professionally in the software sector or in other fast growing companies
- International experience from studies or work
- Having knowledge of international curricula, such as the International Baccalaureate programme
Kognity recruits primarily on personality and attitude, so if you know you can do a great job and feel passionate about what we do, reach out regardless of experience.
Posted on 14 Nov 2016 around 3pm • Filed Under Permanent Positions in Publishing and New Media •