International Publishing Symposium - April 2018
Scholarly Publishing in Europe and China
St Catherine’s College, Oxford
12 to 13 April 2018
The Symposium offers an unrivalled opportunity to hear speakers from the world of scholarly publishing, in order to understand each other's needs and explore solutions and opportunities for future collaboration. Delegates will enjoy a full day of talks with discussion; plus a reception and banquet, with inclusive overnight accommodation, and a special guest lecture following the dinner.
The Symposium is organized by the Confucius Institute at Oxford Brookes University and Ingenta UK Ltd.
The Symposium opens on the Thursday evening with a reception and banquet. On the Friday there is a full set of plenaries and panel discussions from leading experts.
The confirmed speakers include:
- Professor James Lee, Chair Professor and Dean of Humanities and Social Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Sven Fund, Managing Director of Verlagsgruppe Peter Lang and fullstopp.com
- Michiel Kolman, President of the International Publishers Association, and Senior Vice President, Global Academic Relations at Elsevier
- Phill Jones, Director of Publishing Innovation, Digital Science
- Hongzhong Zhou, Principal Product Architect, Baidu
- Charlie Rapple, Co-founder of Kudos
- Lara Speicher, Publishing Manager, University College London Press
- David Taylor, Senior Vice President, Content Acquisition International, Ingram Content Group
For the full programme see the agenda for the conference - under downloads for this page
The prices for attendance are:
Delegate rate (including banquet and one's night accommodation): £450.00
Ingenta Connect Publisher clients; OASPA, IPG and ALPSP members: £300.00
Academic researcher: £200.00
Student delegate: £100.00
Sponsorship packages available: including £250 for a table display
To book a place, please visit here