2020 International Publishing Symposium
Publishing in Europe and China
In association with the London Book Fair
Goodenough College, London
12 and 13 March 2020
Join us in the splendid setting of Goodenough College, London, to explore the world of publishing in Europe and China. There is coverage of trade, scholarly and educational publishing with plenary sessions, panel discussions, breakout sessions and networking opportunities.
The event begins on the Thursday evening with a formal dinner held at the College, and an after-dinner keynote address from Richard Charkin, President of Bloomsbury China.
The programme on the following day will consist of keynotes and panel sessions covering publishing and technology trends and social media, copyright and licensing.
- Talks by leading figures from the publishing industry
- Mix of speakers from both Europe and China
- Networking with key players in publishing from both Europe and China
- Focus sessions on key market sectors - trade, scholarly and educational publishing
- Simultaneous translation is provided
- In association with the London Book Fair
- Richard Charkin, President Bloomsbury China
- Cheng Sanguo, Chairman of Bookdao, Beijing
- Niels Peter Thomas, Managing Director Books, Springer Nature
- Emma Bourne, Managing Director Schools (K-12) and Higher Education Division, Macmillan Education
- Casper Grathwohl, Academic Technology Director, Oxford University Press
- Leena Normington, Podcast and Video Producer, Vintage
- Helen Tian, General Manager, China & East Asia Charlesworth Group
- Michael Healy, Executive Director, International Relations, Copyright Clearance Center.
- Jane Tappuni, Pottermore
- Xu Haifeng, Managing Director, Children's Publishing, FLTRP
- Zheng Liu, Jesus College, Cambridge
- Alicia Liu, Managing Director, Singing Grass Media
- Miriam Johnson, Oxford International Centre for Publishing
- Anlun Wan, Beijing Normal University
- Yu Guoming, Beijing Normal University
- Phill Jones, CEO, Double L Digital
The delegate fee includes the networking reception, four-course dinner, lunch and all refreshments.
- Early bird (before 14 February 2020): £295
- Full delegate rate: £350
- Dinner only: £95
- Register and purchase tickets for this event