2022 International Publishing Symposium
Publishing in Europe and China
Goodenough College, Bloomsbury, London
8 and 9 April 2022
Join us in the splendid setting of Goodenough College, London, to explore the world of publishing in Europe and China. There is coverage of trade, scholarly and educational publishing with plenary sessions, panel discussions, breakout sessions and networking opportunities.
The event begins on the Thursday evening with a formal dinner held at the College, and an after-dinner keynote address from Richard Charkin, President of Bloomsbury China.
The programme on the following day will consist of keynotes and panel sessions covering publishing and technology trends, social media, copyright and licensing.
- Talks by leading figures from the international publishing industry
- Mix of speakers from both Europe and China
- Networking with key players in publishing from both Europe and China
- Focus sessions on key market sectors - trade, scholarly and educational publishing
- Simultaneous translation is provided
- Richard Charkin, President Bloomsbury China
- Cheng Sanguo, Chairman of Bookdao, Beijing
- Jane Tappuni, Pottermore
- Alicia Liu, Managing Director, Singing Grass Media
- Casper Grathwohl, Academic Technology Director, Oxford University Press
- Leena Normington, Podcast and Video Producer
- Andrew Smith, China & East Asia Charlesworth Group
- Michael Healy, Executive Director, International Relations, Copyright Clearance Center.
- Xu Haifeng, Managing Director, Children's Publishing, FLTRP
- Miriam Johnson, Oxford International Centre for Publishing
- Anlun Wan, Beijing Normal University
The programme is subject to change and a final schedule will be published nearer the event