By the Book2
Books and reading in an age of media overload
Programme now posted!
Villa Finaly, Florence, Italy
Thursday 18th to Friday 19th June 2015
This two-day conference brings together scholars from the field of publishing studies to examine key issues around the digital transformation of the book, as well as to discuss the developing field of publishing studies.
This is the second conference to bring together researchers and teachers of publishing studies from a range of countries. Participants in By the Book2 are welcome from all over the world. Also invited are industry practitioners who wish to contribute to the debates.
Proposals are invited for individual paper presentations or themed panels (with two or three contributors). The proposal should be of around 250 words together with a short biography of the participant/s. Subject to peer review, a selection of the best papers will be published in the premier publishing journal Logos.
- Christina Banou, Ionian University
- BenoÈ‹t Berthou, University of Paris 13 (LABSIC)
- Melanie Ramdarshan Bold, University College London
- Alberto Cadioli, University of Milan
- Miha KovaÄ, University of Ljubljana
- Sophie Noel, University of Paris 13 (LABSIC)
- Angus Phillips, Oxford International Centre for Publishing Studies
- Adriaan van der Weel, University of Leiden
- Association for Publishing Education
The fee for attendance at By the Book2 or the presentation of a paper (given it is accepted) is 200 euros. There is a reduced rate of 100 euros for PhD students who are not in tenured positions. This year there will be some accommodation available at the conference venue, the Villa Finaly, but equally delegates are free to make their own arrangements in the city. Delegates are responsible for their own travel arrangments.