Fri 13 April 2012 at 8.30 am
2nd UK China Publishing Forum
In association with the Publishers Association, Peking University, and the Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication
Taking Place: Buckley Building, Gipsy Lane Campus
The second UK China Publishing Forum will be held on Friday 13 April at Oxford Brookes University. The event is an opportunity to hear from both UK and Chinese experts about the relationship between the two publishing industries. There will be sessions on co-publishing ventures, the development of the copyright trade, and digital publishing in China. There will also be a panel session on the growing understanding of each other’s cultures, and the implications for the translation of Chinese works including contemporary literature.
- Stephen Bourne, Chief Executive, Cambridge University Press
- Susanna Nicklin, Director Literature, British Council
- Lynette Owen, Copyright Director, Pearson Education
- Christopher Paterson, Consultant
- Professor Paul Richardson
- Professor Shi Zengzhi, Peking University
- Yu Dianli, General Manager, Commercial Press
- Professor Zhiqiang Zhang, Nanjing University
Publishing professionals, academics, and students interested in the forum are welcome to attend.