Jobs in Publishing
Taylor & Francis
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Deadline for application: Wednesday February 5, 2020
Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publishing company, is looking for five enthusiastic individuals to index digitised historical documents for a forthcoming online resource relating to the Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany during the years 1918-1939.
The role of Indexer is vitally important in helping our users more quickly and easily locate and return to specific historical documents. As an Indexer, you will develop a close familiarity with the subject area and indexing guidelines, and will use this knowledge and understanding to ensure each document is digitised in a way that helps maximise its research potential.
This is a 14-month fixed-term position, for which the key responsibilities will be:
- To read, interpret, and summarise digitised files
- To assign files with subject-specific themes, keywords, and other relevant information according to predefined metadata fields, in order to facilitate and improve the searching of the collection by our users
- To record the metadata in an Access database
- To perform other indexing-related tasks as required, such as ingesting data directly into an internal content management system, and testing the metadata once ingested
Guidelines will be provided for each task.
What we are looking for:
- The ability to work under pressure and with consistent accuracy to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to succinctly and accurately summarise information
- Excellent written English including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Other characteristics are desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience of cataloguing or indexing primary source material
- A knowledge of and enthusiasm for the history of interwar Europe, German history, or twentieth-century history
What we offer in return:
- Salary: £21,499.78 (pro rata)
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Training and development
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom
This role is based at of office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire
This position is being offered as a 14 month fixed term contract
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Deadline for application: Friday January 31, 2020
Inspired Temps are looking for a temporary Data Admin Assistant to work within the Production team at a leading Academic publisher in Oxford. This is to start in February for up to 8 months, on a full time basis.