Jobs in Publishing
Global Academy Jobs Ltd
Location: Oxford, UK
Deadline for application: Friday May 28, 2021
Digital publishing and marketing opportunity, in Oxford, for a third year or Masters student, or a recent graduate wanting to learn more about online businesses, digital publishing and/or academia.
Paid, part-time development position with an online business working globally.
Great team, great fun and great experience for your CV.
Location: UK or Germany
Deadline for application: Monday May 31, 2021
Our excellent Journals department coordinates the publication of high-quality scientific journals. In your role as Journal Manager, you will manage a portfolio of scientific journals and influence the subject fields Linguistics and Languges, building trust and partnership in research communities, empowering our authors. The successful candidate can work from one of our offices or from home office in the UK of Germany.
This is a full time, permanent position.
- Maintain and develop relations with senior faculty and editors, ensuring implementation of our editorial policies
- Close collaboration with Journal and Books teams to develop key projects (e.g. journal webinars and events)
- Establish and manage efficacy of journal editorial boards
- Work closely with Senior Journals staff to develop and implement a strategy for a competitive portfolio
- Improving the publishing strategy according to the strategy of De Gruyter and market trends/requirements
- Coordination with Journal Editor colleagues to ensure smooth running of specific journal titles and optimal copy flow
- Develop quality journals that benefit the scientific community