Global Academy Jobs Ltd
Deadline for application: Tuesday October 15, 2019
Digital publishing and marketing opportunity in Oxford for a third year or Masters student, or a recent graduate wanting to learn more about online businesses and/or academia.
Position: Digital publishing and marketing assistant
Hours: Part time, 15+ hours per week
Pay rate: £10 per hour
Location: Central Oxford
Reporting to: CEO
We are an Oxford based company running an international jobs board for academics, researchers and university professionals. Higher Education is expanding worldwide and we have built an international reputation for high quality recruitment advertising and our academic career resources.
This busy, creative role is key to reaching our clients and candidates regularly with engaging emails, social posts and other media. You will contribute to a small, expert team and enjoy a high level of responsibility with plenty of space for individual initiative and personal projects. We publish an industry leading blog on academic careers here and run a full complement of social media accounts.
As well as learning about electronic direct mail the work can also include database management, html production, visual design, content editing, video and customer service and you will learn about many other aspects of an international digital business. If you already have experience in any of these areas please do tell us in your application. We regularly provide these development opportunities, so we can put you in touch with fellow Brookes students and graduates to give you lots of background on working with our team.
This is a part-time paid role starting at 2 days a week. These days can be spread out if needed and we will accommodate your university schedule. We will offer £10.00 an hour to the right candidate and we understand that you will need to adjust your hours during exam periods. Most of our students also work extra hours with us outside term time.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong written English, copy editing and proof-reading skills
- Experience with digital graphics tools such as Adobe or GIMP
- Research skills to help source and publish relevant material for our specialised academic audience
- Digital publishing experience using online platforms
Other skills and experience of interest for this position might include
- Languages in addition to English are an advantage
- Data analysis for marketing
- Video production
- Social media tools such as Hootsuite and Canva
Salary and benefits
- £10.00 per hour
- Stunning riverside central Oxford location. Good public transport links. No parking nearby so our waistlines and carbon footprints all stay small
- Supportive environment with space for professional growth and scope for personal projects
- Amazing variety of tea, coffee, biscuits and cake in our small, friendly office. We try to keep the fruit bowl full too, to balance out all the cake.
If you enjoy working with us, and business conditions permit, there may be an opportunity to offer you more hours in the New Year.
If the position interests you please contact us ASAP - once we have received sufficient qualified applications, we will close this round of recruitment.
Please send your CV and covering letter to RecruitandHR@globalacademyjobs.com and include references. Referees will only be contacted later in the selection process.
We will contact you promptly for an initial informal meeting and, if you are successful at this stage, you will be invited for a first formal interview in the last week of September or early in October.
Further details are on our website. Please get in touch if you would like more information.