Hachette Partworks Ltd
Deadline for application: Monday September 30, 2019
Do you want the opportunity to work for the leader in partworks publishing? Hachette Partworks is a collectables’ publishing company with a strong creative heritage and an outstanding catalogue of both mass market and niche partwork collections across a variety of genres, including graphic novels, craft, lifestyle, model making and kids.
The position of Product Marketing Manager will work across the full spectrum of marketing activities including market research, eCommerce and test and national publishing launches.
The role is based in Shoreditch, London – 5 minutes’ walk from Old Street station. The company offers excellent opportunities for development and perks including breakfast on Wednesdays and lunch on Fridays.
Main areas of responsibility
- Co-ordinate and schedule all marketing activity for your own portfolio of titles across the full product lifecycle; including market research, test, launch and subsequent launches in cascade markets. All activity should be delivered on time and to a high standard in order to achieve strong sales and subscriber levels in line with commercial goals.
- Develop effective subscription offers to achieve customer acquisition targets and improve product retention.
- Organise qualitative and quantitative market research to investigate and refine new partwork concepts.
- Write and coordinate the design of creative and engaging promotional marketing materials.
- Brief and oversee subscription website creation with a focus on user experience, including split testing and detailed analysis to improve conversion rate.
- Analyse market tests and prepare recommendations for launch based on their results.
- Support the Marketing Manager in media buying for TV and work with production companies to create TV adverts.
- Drive customer acquisition through effective digital marketing campaigns incorporating SEM, social ads, display and email. Daily monitoring in conjunction with our digital agency in order to optimise spend.
- Create and keep up-to-date P&L spreadsheets for titles, including forecasting sales and keeping track of all costs including promotion, production, distribution and fulfilment.
- Coordinate with relevant departments, including logistics, editorial, production and finance and manage multiple agencies, licensers, freelancers and other commercial partners.
- Well organised and quick to learn, with a practical and hands-on attitude.
- A data-driven decision-maker. Without prompting you identify and track KPIs to measure success for new products.
- Sociable and happy to work in a highly collaborative environment. You are generous with your knowledge and keen to share what you know and learn.
- Diplomatic and respectful, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and customers.
Background and experience
- 2+ years marketing experience, preferably gained in a B2C environment.
- Digital & direct marketing experience. A natural instinct for what converts a browser into a buyer.
- Experience of product P&L responsibility desirable.
- A passion for publishing and an awareness of and interest in the types of titles we publish.
- A detail-oriented self-starter, with a positive attitude, capable of discovering solutions to problems without supervision.
- Proactive and reactive, able to work to deadlines and manage lots of tasks and stakeholders at once.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- A great collaborator and relationship builder fired up by the prospect of joining a small, cross-functional team.
Salary range - £26-30k dependent on experience.