Global Academy Jobs Ltd
Deadline for application: Tuesday October 15, 2019
We run an academic jobs board, with a growing worldwide reputation for delivering value through competitive pricing and outstanding customer service for international universities. Higher Education is expanding everywhere and we have an opportunity to recruit a full-time senior account and sales manager to consolidate and expand the sales growth we have achieved in the last 3 years.
We are a small team and this role will be key to our progress in the years ahead. You will have excellent marketing, admin and technical support to enable you to deliver outstanding service to our existing clients, and to grow revenue with new products and new markets.
Position: Senior account and sales manager
Hours: Fulltime, 37.5 hours a week.
Location: Central Oxford
Reporting to: CEO
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Account and Sales Manager, ideally with both sales and marketing experience, to join our close-knit team. We are an Oxford based company running an international jobs board for academics and researchers from a small office in the centre of the city. This is a key role with support from a strong team.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing key clients to facilitate annual renewals and find new business
- Contact new and existing clients to help them choose, buy and manage the best advertising packages for their needs
- Use and develop our customer relationship management (CRM) and sales pipeline system
- Collaborate with colleagues to co-ordinate sales and marketing campaigns
- Track client relationships to identify key individuals and contact points and understand client needs
- Manage the end-to-end sales cycle for key clients
Essential skills and experience
- Sales in an academic, publishing or other long-cycle B2B sector
- Data administration for sales and marketing
- Excellent written English and strong verbal communication skills
- Confident working with a fast-paced team
- Experience generating sales, and managing accounts, by both telephone and email.
Other skills and experience of interest for this position
- Copy writing or other communications work for an academic audience
- Electronic direct mail (bulk email campaigns) experience
- CRM system administration or management
- Languages in addition to English are an advantage
- Research experience in a marketing or academic environment
- Data analysis
Salary and benefits
- £30,000pa depending on experience. We will consider higher offers for candidates with strong, relevant experience and achievements in our sector
- Pension scheme (NEST)
- 22 days holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays.
- Stunning riverside central Oxford location with good public transport links: 15 minute walk to the train station and a 25 minute walk or 10 minute bus trip to Redbridge park-and-ride. There is no parking nearby so our waistlines and carbon footprints all stay small.
- Supportive environment with space for professional growth and related personal projects
- Amazing variety of tea, coffee, biscuits and cake in our small, friendly office. We try to keep the fruit bowl full too, to balance out all the cake.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to RecruitandHR@globalacademyjobs.com and include references. Referees will only be contacted later in the selection process.
We will contact you promptly for an initial informal meeting and you may then be invited for a formal interview in the last week of September or early October.
If the position interests you please contact us ASAP - once we have received sufficient qualified applications, we will close this round of recruitment.
Further details are on our website. Please get in touch if you would like more information.