Deadline for application: Friday July 5, 2019
Polity, a leading independent publisher in the social sciences and humanities, is seeking to appoint a Marketing Assistant to join its friendly and dynamic marketing team based in Oxford.
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised Marketing Assistant to work with our friendly and dynamic marketing team based at the Oxford Business Park, Cowley, Oxford.
The main responsibilities include:
- Liaising with authors on marketing and publicity for their books
- Contributing to E-marketing campaigns
- Producing printed and digital publicity material, including copy collation, proofing, and liaison with freelance designers and printers
- Providing the sales team with marketing information and the sales tools necessary to reach their sales targets
- Contributing to our social media presence
- Updating the Polity website
- Attending key exhibitions to promote Polity books
- Working towards adoption targets for key front list and recent backlist university and school textbooks
Excellent written communication skills will be essential for this role; applicants with a social science, humanities or publishing degree would be preferred. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to gain a broad range of skills and develop their career in marketing for publishing. The person appointed will be working closely with our successful and established marketing team as well as collaborating with our other departments in Cambridge and abroad.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to Clare Ansell, General Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 5th July 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview which will be held in Oxford.