Deadline for application: Friday November 30, 2018
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally. We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 70 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals. We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.
Who you are & why we need you
We are looking for an outstanding project manager to be responsible for coordinating a large team of freelance content contributors (authors, reviewers, editors, interactive designers etc.) to create, expand and deepen our digital textbook products.
You are productive and firmly believe in structure, quality and taking ownership of your projects. You are skilled at motivating people and managing relationships, and are interested in how other people work. In addition, you are process-driven and always searching for ways in which these processes can be improved and made more scalable. Clarity of communication is something that you value highly, and you are passionate about new ideas. You are adept at giving constructive feedback to team members and contractors, and at the same time you receive feedback with a positive mindset. You are a true team player and contribute to a positive and collaborative atmosphere.
- Project management of curriculum-matched textbook and assessment content for secondary international and various national curricula (including IB, IGCSE and GCSE)
- Acting as Subject Manager for selected subject(s) and managing the maintenance and improvement of existing books
- Delivering projects to agreed schedules and budgets
- Recruiting and managing senior educators, and supporting them in creating the best learning experiences possible
- Occasionally travelling to schools and conferences to meet teachers and students
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience of project management/editorial project management
- Great communication skills in spoken and written English
- An interest in education and a desire to make an impact
- A team player who works well with others to create a supportive team environment
- A thorough and structured way of working, collaborating and communicating
- Adaptable and flexible in a rapidly changing start-up environment
- Keen to learn and open to giving and receiving feedback
Other skills we value
- Knowledge of, and experience of working with, a range of project management tools
- Experience from the educational publishing sector