Location: Central London
Deadline for application: Friday November 23, 2018
Would you like to join our friendly Commissioning Team to help us deliver innovative books and digital products for the ICE Publishing list?
We are seeking a motivated individual with early-career experience in either book or journal publishing who would like to take on a new challenge. The Development Editor role would especially suit someone who is interested in metrics and working in society publishing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Commissioning Editors with the preparation and handover of manuscripts to the Production Department
- Conduct data analyses to benchmark and identify subject trends
- Support the commissioning team in researching business proposals for consideration by the publishing committee
- Monitor schedules to ensure products are delivered in a timely fashion
- Liaise with authors to help ensure schedules are upheld and good relations are built and maintained
- Work with the marketing team to ensure products are marketed effectively and appropriately
- Work with production staff on matters of book style, design, production and quality
- Maintain records and update database to enable commissioning team to produce accurate budget updates
- Maintain records for the financial team to enable the payment of royalties.
- Support the ICE Publishing teams by producing reports and insights that contribute to the ICE Publishing book list strategy, tactics and results.
Please visit our careers page to find further information about the role: https://bit.ly/2OxZOW6