2nd UK China Publishing Forum
The second UK China Publishing Forum was held on Friday 13 April at the Oxford International Centre for Publishing Studies, Oxford Brookes University. The event was an opportunity to hear from both UK and Chinese experts about the relationship between the two publishing industries. There were sessions on co-publishing ventures, the development of the copyright trade, and digital publishing in China. A panel session discussed the cultural deficit between the two countries, and the implications for the translation of Chinese works including contemporary literature. It is hoped that some articles based on the conference will be published in the journal Logos.
The speakers included:
- Stephen Bourne, Chief Executive, Cambridge University Press
- Susanna Nicklin, Director of Literature, British Council
- Lynette Owen, Copyright Director, Pearson Education
- Christopher Paterson, Consultant
- Professor Paul Richardson
- Professor Shi Zengzhi, Peking University
- Professor Zhiqiang Zhang, Nanjing University
The third forum will be held in Beijing in the summer of 2013.